Friday 23 April 2010

Exam



Hi,

Nothing much to say this week, I am afraid - I had an exam today based around the last rotation, and all went fine, and most of this week has been spent preparing for it (or at least tricking myself into believing that that was what I was doing)

I am going to be off for a few days now as well, visiting Dublin and then we have next week off. Joyous days! Good to finally have a brief holiday. Then onto surgery and final exams.

My favourite point this week was in a lecture about type 1 diabetes (you know, the disease where your body destroys the B-islets in the pancreas, so you no longer produce insulin)

Student "I know it seems like a silly question, but is it possible that this disease stems from some form of evolutionary benefit?"

Lecturer "That is a pretty stupid question. No"

Anyway, no clinical work today so no real blog. Im off to have a happy, belated, Easter! Enjoy your week.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your exam went well. Enjoy your well-deserved break!

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-12501063-1